Thursday, August 21, 2008

a lil' more time (I posted this on facebook, and felt as though it needed to be here as well)

As some of you may or may not know, my grandmother has been very sick for about 6 months. She was hospitalized about 2 ½ weeks ago because she could not hold any food down. She was supposed to leave at the latest 3 days. She never did.

On Tuesday, August 19th my grandmother died.

She was basically my mother; she has raised me since I was a baby.

This is very strange to put this information in a thread, but it’s the easiest way for me to tell people without causing a scene and getting emotional every time.

The reason why I chose to tell you guys is because most of you knew her, if not just heard amazing things about her and more then likely this affects a lot of my relationships. She has been my source of strength and sanity. I love her more then I love my own life, I truly do.

I am unsure whether I will be attending school in the fall. The only reason I would is because I know my grandmother wants me to. I am also not picking up my phone a lot, I am slowly talking to people, and so I apologize in advance.

Her wake is on Monday and her funeral on Tuesday. I am not saying you guys have to come or should I come, I just know some people would be interested in coming.

I am all right. I just really need time as of now.

If you have any question, you can call or text me.

And for those of you who may be interested in the time and place of the wake and funeral, just inquire I will get back to you somehow. I don’t even know the details, for my aunt has been making all the arrangements.

I love you guys,
Davon
914.325.1574

No comments: